OTHM Level 3
Foundation Diploma In Health And Social Care
More about the programme
The objective of the OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Health and Social Care is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career in the health and social care sector at a support worker, senior support worker or care assistant level.
The programme enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work activities, to meet national occupational standards.
Learners will acquire skills to support a role in the Health and Social Care sector or progress to further study.
OTHM Level 3 qualifications can be offered to learners from age 18. OTHM does not specify entry requirements for these qualifications. OTHM ensures that learners admitted to the programme have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment criteria. OTHM Centre must ensure learners are recruited with integrity onto appropriate qualifications that will meet their needs, enable and facilitate learning and achievement enable progression. The qualification is offered in English.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE A/ Level
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the Expert Campus and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgment that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
- Responsibilities of a Health and Social Care worker (10 credits)
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care (10 credits)
- Effective Communication and Ethical Practice in Health and Social Care (10 credits)
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing in Health and Social Care Settings (10 credits)
- Person-centred Approaches in Health and Social Care Settings (10 credits)
- Effective Handling of Information in Health and Social Care Settings (10 credits)
- The fee can be paid in 5 instalments within the program duration.
- The programme fee is not refundable and each instalment should be paid in the beginning of each month.
- Payments can be made directly to Expert Campus Finance Department or,
- Deposit the credit to the Institute’s Account number – Expert Campus (Pvt) Ltd. Sampath Bank, Palawatta Branch Account Number – 106314024646. If you are making a deposit, please handover the payment slip to finance department and obtain your receipt.
- Cheque should be drawn in favour of the “Expert Campus (Pvt) Ltd.” In Cheque payments the original receipts will be issued after the Cheque realisation.