OTHM Level 5
DIPLOMA IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE MANAGEMENT
More about the programme
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career or further study in the health and social care sector at a managerial level. The programme enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work or training activities.
The Level 5 units give learners the opportunity to progress in specific subject occupational areas. Learners will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of effective partnership working, managing the care of vulnerable individuals, team management, professional supervision practices, health education, promoting wellbeing and how to complete a research project on a relevant Health and Social Care topic.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with industry-specific and practical skills, enabling them to apply their knowledge in the workplace, enhance their career prospects and allow progression to further study.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above. The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
• Relevant Level 4 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
• GCE Advanced level in 3 subjects or equivalent qualification
• Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the Expert Campus and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgment that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
- Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Managing the Safeguarding and Protection of Vulnerable Individuals (20 credits)
- Health Education and Promoting Wellbeing (20 credits)
- Team Management in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Professional Supervision Practice in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Research Methods in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- The fee can be paid in 5 instalments within the program duration.
- The programme fee is not refundable and each instalment should be paid in the beginning of each month.
- Payments can be made directly to Expert Campus Finance Department or,
- Deposit the credit to the Institute’s Account number – Expert Campus (Pvt) Ltd. Sampath Bank, Palawatta Branch Account Number – 106314024646. If you are making a deposit, please handover the payment slip to finance department and obtain your receipt.
- Cheque should be drawn in favour of the “Expert Campus (Pvt) Ltd.” In Cheque payments the original receipts will be issued after the Cheque realisation.